Rest in Izky – eco-resort in the Carpathians
is a village in the Transcarpathian region which is located in Mizhhiria region in the valley of the river Repynky on the way from Volovets to Mizhhiria
just behind Pylypets village. Izky village is surrounded by mountains and valleys from all sides and these mountains have the following names: Rusky Verkh, Borzhava, Midnytska and Zhyd.
Izky village as a place where you can spend holiday has become known relatively recently, although it has an ancient history. The first mention about Izky village dated the year 1600. Locals claim that the name of the village connected with the legend about Oleksa Dovbush. One of the legend tells (there were plenty of them in that period of time) that when rebels rode on the stone road sparks flew from under the hoofs of their horses. The village, which then appeared near the road was called “Izky”; Ukrainian pronunciation of the word “spark”. Later the name was changed into “Izky-Pylypets”; in those times Pylypets was a nearby territory of the village. Now villages Izky and Pylypets are located side by side with one another and smoothly come one into another.
The fact that the village is located far from ‘big civilization’ was one of the reasons that restrained its development, but in the Soviet period this village became one of the biggest in Mizhhiria region. After the construction of the ropeway and lifts Izky village has become one of the famous resorts in the Carpathians.
At any time of year you can rest in Izky In winter Izky village is the ski resort concentrated mostly on family rest. There are wide and gentle tracks on the slopes of nearby mountains and hills as well as a chair lift and rope tow, sledges and off-road vehicles rental.
In summer eco-resort Izky includes picturesque mountain landscapes of Borzhava with crystal clear mountain air, climbing into the mountains on foot or using the lift; or just walks into the forest, you also may drive four-wheel motorcycles and bicycles, enjoy exciting paintball.
Since the year 2012 this resort has the name “Vita Park Izky”.
Main ski tracks of Izky resort
Ski tracks of Izky are located on the slopes of Magura Mountain and it is possible to move to Gymba Mountain where tracks of Pylypets (Borzhava valleys) resort are located..
Features of tracks
- Tracks of medium and light complexity with length up to 3000 m;
- Track for sled racing;
- Width of track is up to 350 m;
- Levels difference is 250 m.
Ropeways of Izky resort
- Two-seated lift with length about 980 m;
- Rope tow - 950 m;
- Rope tow in Izky for beginners (150 m).
Maintenance of tracks of Izky resort
- Snow groomers;
- Snow cannons;
- Night skiing – service is not provided.
At the tourists’ service
- Equipment rental;
- Car parking;
- Restaurants and fast food;
- First-aid post;
- Skiing school and services of instructor;
Settlements near Izky village
Lifts’ cost at Izky resort of season 2020
- chair lift - from 50/100 UAH a one-time in weekdays/weekends to 400/700 UAH per full day;
- ski-pass on the chairlift from 1500 UAH for 3 days to 3000 UAH for 7 days;
- different types of season tickets and discounts for children.
Entertainment and service in Izky village
- Four-wheeler motorcycles;
- Bicycles’ rental;
- Walking tour to Borzhava;
- Horses ridding;
- Snow-parks, snow tubing , skating-rink for children;
- Excursions around the Carpathians;
- Paragliding, paint ball;
- Speed riding, free riding.
How to get to this place
Most of guests come to Izky village from Volovets where there is a railway station. You have to take a train towards Uzhgorod to Volovets station or Mizhhiria; then to take a regular bus to Izky village. If you travel by car you have to choose the highway Kyiv - Lviv – Chop to Nyzhni Vorota; then to turn towards Mezhhiria to Izky village. There is another route: Ivano-Frankivsk – Dolyna -Mizhhiria - Izky. Coordinates:
- Uzhgorod - Izky: 125 km;
- Ivano-Frankivsk - Izky: 144 km;
- Lviv - Izky: 202 km.
Nearest tourists’ sights and interesting places of Izky
- St. Nicolas wooden church and the tower bell (XVII century — 1798) – this is a sample of so called “local” baroque;
- Kolochava – museums, exhibitions;
- Synevir Lake;
- Waterfall Shypit;
- Defensive complex – Line of Arpada.
Nearest ski resorts and ropeways
Directory inquires and important information about Izky resort
- Code distance communication 03146;
- Village council (03146) 2-91-23;
- Lifts’ working hours: from 9.00 to the end of daylight hours;
- Rescue service in Volovets: (0312) 61-24-55;
- Rescue service in Mezhhiria: (03146) 2-23-45.
Hotels and private houses of Izky
* Izky, photos and information about “Izky” resort: izki .com.ua
Izky 2012-2020. Carpathians, rest in Izky