Bukovel resort, Polianytsa village
Rest in Bukovel – European level of service in Ukraine
is the largest and the most modern ski resort of Ukraine with developed infrastructure and European level of service.
Complex of buildings of “Bukovel” resort is located near village Polianytsa at an altitude of 900 meters above the sea level. Specialists of Canadian firm “Ecozine” designed the resort “Bukovel”; it is one of the leading firms who designed majority of ski resorts in the world.
Climatic conditions in Bukovel are favorable for skiing: in winter snow cover lies long period on the slopes, mountains are well-protected from winds.That is why Bukovel resort has more than 40 tracks of different level of complexity. They are gentle for beginners and steep for extreme skiers. Ski tracks of Bukovel are well-maintained and equipped, they have modern lifts. Bukovel is different from other ski resorts of Ukraine of its high level of service and developed infrastructure.
Bukovel has its own skiing school; more than 40 skilled instructors are working there. So far as Bukovel has tracks of different level of complexity both adults and children can enjoy winter rest in Bukovel. Taking into consideration the sufficient level of service and transport links it can be stated that family rest is possible as well here.
Ski season in Bukovel usually lasts from December until April.
- Length of tracks: from 300 to 2300 m.
- Classification of tracks: blue, red, black.
- Level difference: from 40 to 285 m.
Main ski tracks and ropeways at “Bukovel” resort
Maintenance of tracks at “Bukovel” resort and infrastructure
- Snow groomers;
- Night skiing;
- Snow cannons.
At the tourists’ service
- Equipment rental;
- Instructors’ school;
- Cafés, bars, restaurants;
- Free toilets near lifts;
- Play area for children;
- Pharmacies, cash dispensers (or ATM’s), grocery stores;
- Parking, etc.
Summer rest at Bukovel resort
- Mountain biking, walking tours, tennis courts;
- Gyms and saunas, fitness and bodybuilding;
- Bikes’ park, bike’s tours, paintball;
- Excursions, rafting, rock climbing, horses’ ridding;
- Cycle mobiles, kayaks, roller skates, scooters rental;
- Aqua ball, climbing wall, air hockey, table tennis, children’s playgrounds;
- Summer children’s sports camp “Bukovel”;
- Restaurants, bars, discos, night clubs of “Bukovel” resort
Lifts’ cost at Bukovel resort
There are season tickets of two types: for quantity of lifts and for days. The first type of tickets can be used within a few days; other can be used within one day but the number of lifts is unlimited per day.
Lifts’ cost at Bukovel:
- 1 lift—from 27 UAH;
- 2 hours — 96 UAH;
- Café, restaurant, bistros;
- Half of the day — 168 UAH;
- 1 day — from 287 UAH;
- 5 days — 1029 UAH;
- 10 days — from 1770 UAH.
Cost of equipment rental at Bukovel resort, Polianytsa
The cost of equipment rental in season 2023 depends on the category of skiing equipment; the same approach was in previous seasons. The better quality will be provided if there is the higher cost.
Cost of equipment rental for skiing (skis, boots and poles) or snowboards (board, boots) is from 500 UAH per 4 days and from 150 UAH per one day. On the way to Bukovel you may see other places of equipment rental for much reasonable prices: from 100 UAH per day.
Entertainment and service at Bukovel resort:
- Gyms and saunas, fitness and bodybuilding;
- School of skiers, Big-Airbag;
- Skating rink;
- Rental of snowmobiles, skiing equipment;
- Tracks for mogul skiing, giant slalom track, heli tours;
- Dogs’ sledding;
- Snow bike, snow park, snow tubing, zorbing;
- Services for corporate clients;
- Restaurants, bars, discos, night clubs of Bukovel resort.
How to get to Bukovel
You have to take a regular bus or a taxi from Ivano-Frankivsk to Polianytsa village: that is Bukovel resort. There are regular trips from Kyiv to Bukovel resort in high season. If you travel by your own car you have to choose the highway Ivano-Frankivsk - Yaremche – Yablunytsa. There is a sign towards Polianytsa and Bukovel. Coordinates: 48° 21′ 27″ N, 24° 23′ 32″ E
Distances to Bukovel:
- Yaremche – 33 km;
- Ivano-Frankivsk – 96,8 km;
- Lviv - 232 km;
- Chernivtsi – 160 km.
Nearest tourists’ sights and interesting places:
- Waterfall Sheshorsky Guk;
- Catholic church in Deliatyn town - 15 km from Bukovel;
- Maniavsky monastery;
- Dovbush rocks;
- Yaremche waterfall;
- Zhenetsky waterfall;
- Yablunytsa pass.
Nearest ski resorts:
- Yablunytsa - 11,7 km;
- Vorokhta - 18,7 km;
- Yasynia - 23,3 km;
- Yaremche - 33 km;
- Dragobrat - 37,5 km.
Directory inquiries and important information:
- Lifts schedule: 8:30-19:30;
- Season – late November –April;
- Rescue service in Yaremche: tel. (03434) 22208, (03475) 44165 ;
- Connection: Kyivstar, MTS, Life and the Internet;
- Site Bukovel resort: http://bukovel.com
Hotels and private sector in Bukovel and Polianytsa
Beautiful tracks with mulled wine drunk can develop good speed and facilitate rapid entry into the “fly”. That is why at Bukovel as well as at the others ski resorts you should be careful while skiing and be cautious that such “fly bomber pilot” not push and pull you, perhaps, in his last flight. :) . It is better drink mulled wine after skiing and better for those who have finished “fly” successfully.
Bukovel resort 2021 - 2023. The Carpathians – rest and ski resorts in the Carpathians